Sunday, May 24, 2009

Worhshipping Jesus


Worship Jesus For Who He Is

A few years ago I was reading an article or heard it on a tape that the Christians in the Eastern countries (I think they were specifically talking about the Middle East) worship Jesus not for what He does but for whom He is. That kind of rocked my world. It was like a light going off in my head. I believe it was an epiphany (a very popular word these days).

In North America and the European countries, Jesus is worshipped for what He does for the individual.

We are so results oriented that it hurts. When we look at results primarily then it would follow that we are looking at what is done and how it is done. The process has become everything and therefore the results and quick results at that, become the primary reason for doing something.

When I grasped the idea of worshipping Jesus for who He is, I felt liberated. No longer was I bound by the guilt-ridden convention that surrounds worshipping and serving Jesus.

Guilt-ridden?? We are constantly reminded of what He did for us on the cross. We are constantly reminded of the blood He shed for our sins. We are constantly reminded that we are sinners, even though we serve Jesus and are saved the Biblical way.

KJV 1 John 4:

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

As the Bible says: Jesus has cast out fear in us. We do not have to fear or be constantly under the burden of sin guilt. Are we to live a life that upholds the righteousness of Christ? Yes but that does not mean that we are to live lives bound to this righteousness and every slip away from it means spiritual death. This is not the way of Jesus.

I do not have the guilt of not doing enough for Him or living a life bound by the guilt of imperfection. I love Him and worship Him because He is Jesus and He is God. No more or no less, just because He is.

I love Him just the way He is, as He loves me just the way I am. I adore my Master and serve Him just because. There are no strings attached or do I have to do a multitude of wonderful works. Jesus accepts and loves me the way I am without qualification.

That is why I worship and serve Him for who He is.

Take hope!

May Jesus draw you ever closer to Himself for He does the drawing and I allow myself to be drawn into His embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment