Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Forever Young

A friend of mine sent me this today and I thought It would be wonderful to include in this blog
Now Joan Baez became well known back in the 70's (or so) and that is my era of music.
My teenage years were spent in the 60's; I was not a Christian at the time. A decade of mass change in values and morals. Those of us who went through that time were not left unscathed. I call us the "lost generation" because we lost our footing on the past, a past that helped provide us with stability and a lifestyle. That all changed. In fact the very fabric of our society was was rent.
Nevertheless I do not want this to be a downer.
Jesus wants us to be forever young. No matter our physical age we are able to be young where it counts, in our spirits and souls.
These two verses were brought to my mind. In them you will find great hope and strength.

KJV Philippians 4:
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

KJV Colossians 3:
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

Even though our bodies are not responding as we would like Jesus will strengthen us if we turn our minds towards Him.
Just because or bodies are weak does not mean that we are unable to project the wisdom and strength of Jesus. We are strong through Him no matter how weak we feel. Strength is of spirit not of the body.
Take hope. Be encouraged in the Lord.
May the love and strength of Jesus come upon you today and every day.





No comments:

Post a Comment