Thursday, April 30, 2009

Square Pegs in Round Holes

In the last blog I mentioned that we are many times square pegs in round holes or is that round pegs in square holes?
As a new Christian I wanted so much to fit in. I guess that I have always wanted to fit in and that was the problem.
We are social beings. If this were not so then Jesus would not have created a male and a female, allowed them to produce a family. If this were not so then the Tower of Babel would never have been created or would Jesus not have created language groups.
Psalm 139:13

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

This and other scriptures lets me know that Jesus has created me and given me a unique personality. I am a unique person in the Kingdom of God. There is no other like me. When I came forth from the womb I was what Jesus wanted me to be. I was equipped for life and to do service in His Kingdom.
We find strength in our associations. My best and greatest friend is my wife. Outside of the family we seek others that will help us through this troubled life. We go to great lengths to make ourselves acceptable to others. Have you not found that we will act, speak and think like they do to gain acceptance.
We develop personality traits other than the ones that Jesus has given us, just to fit in. We are shaped by our parents, those we look up t like teachers, or peers and our Church. This is just the way it is. We start our journey along the path to be forced into a round hole, one that we were not designed to fit into.
1 Corinthians 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
Once we come to Christ, we can take on the mind of Christ. With the mind of Christ we can unlock the great potential that we have locked away because of our frail humanity.
It took me many painful years to get to the point where I would allow Jesus to unlock my potential. It took me many years to allow myself to be turned into powder; a powder that mixed with the Holy Ghost water makes me into a moldable clay.
Take hope, be encouraged you are not alone or forsaken, you are just being molded.
May the love, joy and peace of Jesus Christ be in your life today and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment